Wednesday, November 22, 2006

$10,000 Loose Change

After over 5 hours I beat 998 other players to win the PokerHost Money Madness $100K freeroll - turning $0 into $10,000!

Using my most recent new alias, "TightMoney" - the name of a song by Leon Huff, I navigated my way to the final table stealthly only having to get lucky once. My all-in open raise with AT outdrawing JJ. Didn't get bullets for the whole turney, but an above average run of cards at the final table and no outdraws aswell as skillful short stack play meant that I arrived heads-up almost level.

I suggested that we made a deal as we were so even, but to be truthful, I fancied my chances against him since I had a good read on his style and I believed I could grind him down. Facing a standard button raise though I reraised with TT. He pushed all-in and I called beating his 44. It was all over the next hand. DaMatrix 1/999!

I don't usually report tournament results where I didn't play as DaMatrix, but I had to make an expection today because of all the bad luck I have been having lately as DaMatrix. Plus, 1st/999 is my best performance since unreported 1st/550+ and 2nd/730+.

Update: Just won the next tournament that I played for an unlikely 70,000+/1 back-to-back. By best is a 250,000+/1 back-to-back (2 consecutive 500+ runner tournaments).


Betway 1st/73