Friday, September 01, 2006

Mighty Indeed

Mightycricket scooped almost everything at Bugsy's Club in August, winning the $20k GTD Event, the $10k Skill League and the $3.5k MTT League.

The final stages of the Skill League were exciting as predicted. I swapped the lead with mightycricket several times during the day and at one checkpoint I was winning by just 0.01! I was ahead until the final couple of hours of my 20 hour session, after we had agreed a $1k saver to reduce what we were playing for from $4.2k to $2.2k. Shortly afte making the deal, I lost focus in one important tourney losing all my chips with QQ against mightycricket's AA. He went on to win the tourney to collect 15 valuable points but I lost 9 points in the same event meaning that mightycricket gained 24 points.

Post-deal, I made another mistake which made me finish 3/66 in another event. Winning that tourney would have given me first in the skill League. Dejected from these two final mistakes, I peter out of my last 2 events. Mightycricket though ended the month on a high winning the very last August skill tournament (to gain a further 19 points on me) and take his final ranking up to 1990.65, 29.02 ahead of me.


Final Results: Top 10

A bit of a disappointment then, I finished the month runner-up to mightycricket in both the Skill League and MTT League, winning $2,300. Mightycricket collected $5,000.

Congrats to mightycricket who I have to say deserved to win as he was the best tournament player throughout the month. Well played and thanks for the saver which I received already!

Didn't think you'd do a jojo45! ;)